We’re building a truly world-leading team of like-minded individuals determined to build an extraordinary platform that protects our planet and its resources.
People are at the heart of our mission – we believe in seeking excellence and then taking the best possible care of our people.
As a certified B Corp Company, Cervest’s business is proven to have been built to meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability. This extends to all elements of the employee lifecycle, including recruitment.
We are also proud to be a Disability Confident Employer, meeting government standards of inclusivity and accessibility across both our hiring and working practices.
Our research residencies bring together the academic rigour of an advanced degree with fast-paced industry experience to contribute to cutting edge Earth Science AI.
A residency usually lasts between four and six months so that the Resident has the opportunity to own their independent research project whilst integrating with our world-class scientists and getting to know Cervest’s wider work.
We have a strong focus on outcomes and sharing our learnings through publication, conferences, workshops or other methods and seek to ensure that the Resident is also benefitting from our linkages with industry and top-flight academic institutions.
What you need to know
Can I see an example of research residence projects?
You can learn more about recent projects, from work on the systemic impact of combining AI and Earth sciences at scale to a project on remote sensing denoising using deep latent variable generative models, on our news.
What can I expect from a research residency?
Our research programme is very similar to an academic Masters or PhD, but with the addition of experiencing the open and engaging culture of a start-up. You will be reading papers, leading an independent research project, and will be supported and mentored by our science and engineering experts. Near the end of your residency, you will be expected to share your work in the best possible medium. This could be in a blog post, an academic publication, at a conference or in a workshop.
Who should apply?
The most important thing is that you are mission-driven, hungry to learn and have a strong interest in the role of science in climate and how it can shape future policies and societies. Candidates generally should have either a degree or equivalent experience in STEM fields. However, we strongly encourage candidates with non-STEM backgrounds and experience to apply.
What to expect at Cervest
Besides great work, there are plenty of benefits to being part of the team. They’re evolving as we do, but here are some to expect.
- £1000 each year to expand your knowledge through training, books and wider development activities
- Opportunities to learn from world-class experts at organisations like the Alan Turing Institute and the Met Office
- 10% of your time can be used for projects that help us meet Cervest’s mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- Regular knowledge-sharing sessions within and across teams
- 30 days holiday each year – 22 to take as you choose, plus 8 bank holidays
- The entire office closes between Christmas and New Year
Health and Wellbeing
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health needs
- Access to Spill, for video or text-based counselling and holistic mental health support
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and healthy food prioritised for team lunches
- Everyone has a plant that they own and take care of in the office
- Spend up to £1,000 on a bike through our cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular team and company activities that cater to the different life circumstances of our employees
- Regular AMAs with company leadership
- Genuine input into our culture as we grow rapidly
- Strong flexible-working and remote culture
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
- Flexibility in working times with a focus on getting the job done rather than if you’re sat at your desk
- Ability to work remotely some of the time – we try to balance making sure we’re building the team together with supporting people to work in the best environment for them
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme with Aviva