We’re seeking a front end engineer to join our team at an exciting time for our business. You’ll be helping to grow our success as an AI-first platform, building infrastructure, user interfaces and visualisations that will consume the outputs from computational statistics and data science within our company and enable our clients to make sustainable decisions.
From the outset you’ll be passionate about bringing the innovative approaches needed to establish a brand new category, and using your skills to leverage both business success and real change in the world. As part of a small and focused delivery team, you will play a crucial role in working on feature-rich, data-oriented user interfaces and setting the tone of the next five to ten years of innovation in this exciting company.
The role offers a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company and our users.
We are a team of impatient optimists who want to make a lasting, positive and sustainable impact across the planet. We believe the benefits of AI should be accessible, affordable and used to empower those managing nature’s resources – growers, buyers and policymakers – to adapt to rising climate volatility.
We are also a pro-diversity company and passionate about bringing together people of all backgrounds, because we know that a diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
Are you inspired by the power of technology, science and data to create a more sustainable world? If so, join us on our journey and help shape the future of our planet and humanity.
You must have:
- Good knowledge of React or Vue
- HTML and CSS
- SASS or other CSS preprocessor
Even better if you also have knowledge of:
- Clojure(Script) or a keen interest in learning it
- Other functional programming
- Redux or Immutable.js
- D3.js or libraries built on top
- Leaflet.js or other web mapping experience such as MapBox
- Datomic or any kind of SQL
- Amazon Web Services
- GIS tools – PostGIS, QGIS etc.
Our client-facing applications are written in Clojure & ClojureScript using reagent and re-frame, but we’re happy to help you learn these things on the job.
- £55 – £65k / annum (dependent on experience)
For a confidential, informal discussion on Cervest and the role, please feel free to contact Conan Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for the role, please send your CV and a brief cover letter directly to Oliver Godby at email@example.com.
The interview process for this role is as follows, with each stage proceeding to the next if successful (You’ll have an opportunity to ask questions at every stage – it’s important to us that you are able to decide whether Cervest is the right fit for you):
- A short (30 mins – 1 hour) telephone interview with the head of the Product Engineering team or the wider Engineering function.
- Face-to-face interviews with members of both the Engineering and Product team (90 mins – 2 hours).
- A technical test, which you may choose to do at home as a takeaway exercise (2-3 hours), or in person as a pairing exercise with a member of the Engineering team (1-2 hours).
- A final interview (1-2 hours) that will encompass further technical matters, discussion around Cervest and our culture and working practices and an opportunity for you to ask questions of us.