At Cervest data is the connective tissue that runs through the whole organisation and our product offering. The domain we work in of climate, climate change and its impact on every single physical asset in the world, is represented by a complex data ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced Data Systems Architect to lead the work of designing the architecture and helping to build the team that allows us to navigate this ecosystem and meet the very exciting goals we have set for ourselves. The role offers a unique opportunity to join an exciting, early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company and our users.
- Designing the architecture and deciding the technologies that satisfy the requirements of scaling up our product offering as well as scientific innovation, and minimising points of friction between them.
- Work with senior leaders throughout Cervest to make sure that what we are building is best in class for what we are trying to achieve today as well as 12 months from now and beyond.
- Developing and delivering on the roadmap for the above design in alignment with key strategic and commercial goals.
- Build and grow the Data Engineering team at Cervest which can deliver the above roadmap.
- Strong experience in Systems Design, with a background in Data Engineering
- Experience with cloud native architectures and Big Data frameworks
- Experience of working with GeoSpatial data
- Working knowledge of the following domains:
- Machine Learning
- BI and Reporting Analytics
- Graph Technology
- Experience of team management
For a confidential, informal discussion on Cervest and the role, please feel free to contact Partha Bose.
Salary – £75-85K / annum (dependent on experience) or local equivalent
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and, given the time frame for this role, we are anticipating that it will be fully remote. We are looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) once a quarter using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.