We’re seeking a talented, seasoned and proven Grant Coordinator to join our team right now at an exciting time for our business. You’ll be helping to grow our success as an AI-first platform, creating traction in the market and laying the foundations for scale across key sectors and geographies.
From the outset you’ll be working to identify sources of grant revenue from a potential wide array of funding sources, ranging from key multilateral organisations, government agencies, scientific and research councils as well as foundations.
You will report directly to the Chief Policy Officer, Sachin Kapila, and you will play a crucial role in working with grant making bodies and Cervest’s amazing team of scientists, engineers and business
The role offers a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company and our users.
We are a pro-diversity company and passionate about bringing together people of all backgrounds, because we know that a diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
What you’ll be doing – main responsibilities
Ideally, you have a minimum of 3-5 years of working in the grant coordination and grant writing space. You will have been successful in winning grants and know how to prepare a successful grant bid depending on who the funding source is. Over this period, you will have built some critical insights and relationships within the grant making community. Specifically, you will be expected as part of this role to:
- Identify key grant making bodies (multilaterals, Government agencies, Foundations etc) that are of relevance to Cervest
- prepare an overall strategy and outline of the grant landscape
- prepare a pipeline of opportunities with recommendations for which grants to apply for commensurate with the internal resources capable of a) completing the grant application and b) executing the grant if successful
- put in place a process for completing each grant with the governance (management, editor, writing team, reviewers etc)
- further build relations with key grant making bodies so that Cervest gets early warning of grant opportunities
You will need to coordinate with Cervest’s team of scientists, engineers, general counsel and the social media coordinator as part of your day to day work.
- Solid understanding of the policy landscape related to climate within Europe
- Ability to bring together a clear understanding of resources needed and available to support a grant,both internally and externally with Cervest partners
- Demonstrated experience of winning grants from the following types of grant making bodies:
- UK Government agencies (e.g. DEFRA/DFiD/BEIS)
- UK scientific and research councils (e.g. NERC and ESRC), UK Innovate, UK Space Agency,
- European Commission and grant funding bodies (e.g. European Space Agency and Eureka Eurostars) ,
- Multilateral institutions (e.g. World Bank and other regional development banks)
- Foundations (e.g. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Moore Foundation),
This is a full-time role and you will be expected to work 37 hours a week, primarily based in Cervest’s offices at 69 Old Street, London EC1V 9JB. You will be expected to travel at times to visit grant making bodies to build relationships as is necessary. The salary range for this post is £40-50,000 per annum depending on experience.
For a confidential, informal discussion on Cervest and the role, please feel free to contact Sachin Kapila at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please send your CV and a brief cover letter directly to Sachin at the same email address.
The interview process for this role will be approximately 3-4 hours in total (which we accommodate as much as possible around your obligations), comprising interviews with 3-4 senior Cervest representatives across the organisation, and a short 20 minute presentation with Q&A on a relevant topic which is agreed in advance.