At Cervest data is the connective tissue that runs through the whole organisation and our product offering. The domain we work in of climate, climate change and its impact on every single physical asset in the world, is represented by a complex data ecosystem.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with experience of working with Geospatial data to join the team, and help us develop our data platform. The role offers a unique opportunity to join an exciting, early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company and our users.
- Working closely with our scientists, engineers and product designers to build the core components of our data platform that satisfies a set of cross functional requirements.
- Work with senior leaders throughout Cervest to make sure that what we are building is best in class for what we are trying to achieve today as well as 12 months from now.
- Supporting the delivery of tactical requirements both internal and external as and when they occur
- Build and grow the Data Engineering team at Cervest and unify the culture of data usage across the organisation.
- Experience of developing data engineering pipelines and services using Geospatial data
- Knowledge of cloud native architectures and Big Data frameworks
- Working knowledge of some of the following domains:
- Machine Learning
- BI and Reporting Analytics
- Graph Technology
For a confidential, informal discussion on Cervest and the role, please feel free to contact Partha Bose.
The interview process for this role will be approximately 4-5 hours in total (which we accommodate as much as possible around your obligations), comprising interviews with 3-4 Cervest representatives across the organisation, and a design task that should not take more than 2h to complete.
Salary – £65-80K / annum (dependent on experience) or local equivalent
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and, given the time frame for this role, we are anticipating that it will be fully remote. We are looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) once a quarter using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.